Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Metal Arts Guild: Evening at the Art Gallery

Last night was a blast - Myself and two guild members, Emilie and Anne, were in charge of food for the event. My goal was to get the function to look as though it was professionally catered. That meaning that every dish was garnished within an inch of its life and also that I made as showy a cake as I could come up with.

bottom tier: chocolate cake with coffee buttercream and dark chocolate almond ganache.

top tier: white cake with cannoli filling and coffee buttercream

Emilie!

Anne!


Just part of the spread

Now maybe next year I'll actually have time to make a piece to submit to the competition.......





3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow Tam - that cake is amazing!!

Hollie said...

Oh Yum! What a beautiful cake!

Anonymous said...

Yours cakes are gorgeous ! I love the flavors you use.That was nice you were asked to prepare the food etc.That should be your second Business.Happy Thanksgiving, I can only imagine what your making for that ! :)