Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pinning my New Years Resolutions

     It is high time I was putting all those great ideas and yummy looking recipes into practice.  I'm sure most of us fall into the same trap: pinning, pinning, pinning.  It's so addictive and these days most bloggers are able to photograph their handiwork so beautifully that it's like reading a high end magazine.  On my Food board, I've got 109 different pins and that doesn't include anything sweet!  That might not be a large number to some folks, but to me it's more that I can reasonably plan to use in the next month or so.
     Time to make a project of this.  I am determined to try out these various recipes or tips for myself and  document the results.

I started with Dragon Noodles.  The name evokes spice and serious flavour.  Sounds perfect for me.  The recipe comes from a fantastic blog entitled: Budget Bytes.  The link to the original recipe HERE.  I love the dollar and cents breakdown of a meal, something I am hopeless at doing.  The author has a huge variety of recipes to choose from and her explanations are so logical.


The sauce is super simple.  Soy sauce (I prefer dark), Sriracha sauce and brown sugar.  I doubled the amounts as I planned on making a large pot and adding veggies that would need coating.


Green beans are hard to julienne, is there a trick or tool?  I have a julienne peeler, but it's better for bigger veggies.  It's particularly awesome for doing carrots.


The finished dish made with fettuccine noodles, carrots, green beans and cabbage.  It was perhaps a bit sweet for my taste so I would halve the amount of brown sugar next time, although I will say it was fantastic microwaved the next day and not as sweet seeming.  I am super happy I found this recipe because anything this simple and tasty is a keeper.  Thanks muchly Beth M at Budget Bytes!  Be sure to check it out.

6 comments:

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.